- How to Give the Appearance That You Are Not Online When Using Facebook on an iOS Device Launch the Facebook app on your device and select Menu (the three horizontal lines) in the app’s lower-right corner.
- Tap the Settings & Privacy button when you have scrolled down
- Tap Settings
- Tap the Active Status button when you reach the Privacy section at the bottom of the page.
- To disable it, tap the toggle that’s next to the phrase ″Show while you’re active″
How do I Turn Off the Facebook Messenger offline mode?
- Appear to be offline.
- When Using Facebook Messenger Via Web Browser 1 Navigate to the ″Messenger″ section located on the page’s left sidebar.
- 2 Navigate to the ″Settings″ tab by first selecting the ″Gear″ symbol located in the upper left corner of the Messenger window.
- 3 Move the slider or the toggle to the left to deactivate the feature that says ″Show while you’re active.″ 4 Click the ″Turn Off″ button.
Can you see who is online on Facebook Messenger when offline?
Simply navigate to the ″settings″ menu and make your selection there to ″go offline.″ When you exit Chat, you will no longer be able to monitor who is currently connected to the service. Does Facebook Messenger give the impression that you are active even when you aren’t?